You might also have heard about the 30 30 30 weight loss rule recently. It is a method that maximizes the use of protein for weight loss.
Obesity is one of the most common health hazards faced by millions and millions of people all over the world. As per studies carried out between the years 2017 and 2020, almost 42 percent of adults residing in the USA are obese. Research shows that in the next 12 years, at least half of the world’s total adult population will be experiencing obesity if proper treatment for prevention and support are not adopted.
Interestingly, we hear about various weight loss practices and techniques today, but not all of them are equally effective or even safe for our health. Besides, losing weight can be extremely challenging for many people, especially those who are obese. Popular procedures, such as bariatric surgery, might even prove to be ineffective in many cases and are often accompanied by side effects. So, we need a weight loss plan, like the 30-30-30 rule, which takes care of our nutritional requirements and also works safely for the long term.
Table Of Contents
What Is The 30 30 30 Weight Loss Rule? Does It Really Help?
Many of us think that cutting down totally on carbs is enough to shed extra unwanted weight, but that is not the complete picture. While it is important to cut down on carbohydrates, a well-balanced diet should be rich in protein.
A protein-based diet prevents weakness due to muscle mass breakdown even while your body undergoes weight loss. The 30 30 30 weight loss rule has been formulated, keeping in mind the protein requirements for those who wish to lose those extra pounds.
Unjury’s 30-30-30 guide is a new technique or approach that has been created keeping the needs of bariatric patients in mind. This guide, supported by solid medical research, says that we need to consume 30 grams of protein thrice per day, spread over multiple intervals throughout the day. For instance, you can choose to consume 30 grams of proteins once during breakfast, then again at lunch, and finally at dinner.
This 30-30-30 rule ensures that you derive the maximum benefits from protein and the 2.5 grams of leucine available from it. Leucine is critical for the development of lean muscles; lean muscles play a very crucial role in regulating our metabolism and burning calories.
The protein requirements of Bariatric patients are generally higher than others, so they must stick to a nutritious meal plan that also aids in healthy weight loss. This way, they can carry on with the weight loss efforts for the longer term and also achieve success at it, without stalling it midway.
However, it is vital to remember that only following this 30-30-30 rule will help you reach your weight loss goals; you also need to exercise regularly along with following this method. Only then can you ensure a healthy weight loss approach for the long term.
And apart from your long-term weight loss goals, you can take the help of some weight loss methods like this Mediterranean ritual for weight loss that has been helping people in their health goals. Here is a simple video about this Mediterranean ritual you can watch that below.
How can protein help in losing weight?
Medical research suggests that increasing protein consumption can help us in our weight loss journey while regulating specific hormones that inhibit our appetite. The benefits of protein in weight loss are multi-dimensional – let us take a look at them below.
- Protein helps reduce appetite, so we end up consuming much fewer calories without putting an effort into counting calories or controlling our portion intake.
- Protein boosts our metabolic rate, which means we can burn more calories round-the-clock, and even while we are sleeping.1Trusted Source✅ | PubMed Central | Trusted Data From The National Library Of Medicine (Government Authority) Go To Source This feature is typically the advantage of following a high-protein diet.
- Consuming plenty of proteins can help cut down our hunger cravings and midnight snacks which are known to greatly contribute to weight gain.2Trusted Source✅ | PubMed Central | Trusted Data From The National Library Of Medicine (Government Authority) Go To Source Loading up on protein at breakfast is the best way to keep your food and snack cravings in check throughout the day. This is additionally helpful in sticking to a healthy weight-loss diet.
- On a high-protein diet, you automatically tend to eat fewer calories which means that you unintentionally restrict your calorie intake and end up losing weight.
Now, one of the major serious benefits of protein in weight loss is that it prevents loss of muscle mass and metabolic slowdown. During weight loss, we tend to lose our muscles along with fats, which is an undesirable side effect. Besides, our metabolism also slows down, which can be adverse when you are also working out to achieve your weight loss goals. It is important to ensure that your muscle strength remains intact even while you are losing weight – and this is wonderfully taken care of by consuming a protein-rich diet.
30 30 30 Weight Loss Rule! It Is Versatility
The best thing about this 30-30-30 weight loss rule is its versatility – it can not only help bariatric patients but also anyone else who wants to attain certain protein goals or shed a few pounds to stay active. But it is crucial to work out regularly under proper supervision, along with following this 30-30-30 rule, to ensure a holistic weight loss journey.
- 1Trusted Source✅ | PubMed Central | Trusted Data From The National Library Of Medicine (Government Authority) Go To Source
- 2Trusted Source✅ | PubMed Central | Trusted Data From The National Library Of Medicine (Government Authority) Go To Source
About The Author
This Article Is Written By WMDR Team. Our Vision Is To Create A Community Where A Woman Can Get Access To All The Free Resources To Help Her In Her Health, Mental Wellness, And In her Personal Relationships.